Historical past: Starting with the 2019-20 season, U.S. Determine Skating debuted a national qualifying competitive pipeline for ice dance (in addition to singles and pairs). Whereas junior and senior groups qualify and compete on the annual U.S. Nationwide Championships, athletes on the juvenile, intermediate and novice degree will comply with a a lot completely different path that culminates in a U.S. Ice Dance Closing (November) and for prime finishers, a Nationwide HIgh-Efficiency Improvement Crew Camp (January). The pipeline focuses on their imaginative and prescient: Establish. Develop. Promote.
The Nationwide Qualifying Sequence (NQS) is a sequence of official U.S. Determine Skating accepted competitions hosted individually by member golf equipment nationwide which might be held in a regular format and through which athletes earn a rating. They’ll earn a placement within the particular person competitors they enter, an total nationwide rating of their degree and a regional and sectional rating. The competitions are held between June 1 – September 24 and serve juvenile – senior opponents in singles, dance and pairs.
- Athletes should enter the NQS straight with U.S. Determine Skating.
- As a result of restricted aggressive alternatives, ice dance athletes will not be restricted and may register for as many official competitions as they select.
- Solely the athlete or workforce’s highest Complete Rating (TS) counts.
- The highest six rating singles athletes in every part earn a bye to the Sectional Singles Closing.
- The highest three rating dance or pairs groups nationwide earn a bye the U.S. Pairs or U.S. Dance Closing.
- Athletes obtain an official ‘nationwide rating’ and a certificates and pin to acknowledge their achievement.
- To maximise qualifying season readiness, athletes are inspired to make the most of non-NQS competitions to discover new materials, attempt new parts and acquire worthwhile suggestions.
How Do I Register for the NQS?
Athletes enter the general NQS by logging onto U.S. Figure Skating’s Event Management System. The deadline to register is Could 28, 2019. From there, athletes enter any of the above competitions they select individually, by the entry deadline posted by the competitors host. All NQS occasions are entered by way of EMS, as properly.
A present membership for the 2023-24 season is required to finish the EMS Sequence Software (membership should be totally processed with house membership AND U.S. Determine Skating) and take part in accepted NQS Competitions.
All NQS occasions will likely be carried out in accordance with the principles and procedures outlined within the NQS Participant Handbook.